So the holidays have ended and you’ve just finished putting out your engagement news all over your social media circles. Well, you’re not alone. According to statistics, around 26% of marriage proposals occur during the holidays. And not a moment too soon. January to April is bridal show season and it’s the best time to shop around for ideas, promotions, and to ease yourself into the mentality of planning your wedding.
Not only can you take advantage of great deals at the shows, you can also cut down on the many hours of researching and visiting vendors individually by seeing them all under one roof. We wrote about Tips for Stress-free bridal shows in the past and here is a quick recap for you:
1) Wear comfortable shoes
2) Bring sticker labels with your names and contact information for draws and vendor mailing lists. It saves you the time of writing your address 50 times
3) Bring a big bag to carry all the handouts, preferably one with wheels
4) Do your homework before attending the show
And here are some more tips for the smartphone savvy brides-to-be:
5) Download a QR code scanning app. It is a 2-dimensional barcode that contains information such as contact information and URL of a company. You may receive text, add a vCard contact to your phone or open webpage in your phone’s browser after scanning the QR code. It is becoming popular for companies to have their own QR codes for marketing purposes.
6) If you have an iPhone, download the Pinterest app and start building your boards. We recently blogged about the usefulness of this application here. You can use the camera on your phone to capture the things you like at the show, add a description and pin it on the boards according to their categories. This will help you stay organized on things that you like and where you’ve seen them. It is quite overwhelming talking to hundreds of vendors and taking piles of brochures home. If you don’t have an account, send us an email and we’ll invite you to join.
Here’s a list of the upcoming wedding shows in Toronto. As you can see, there are two of them this weekend! We’ll be at the Wedluxe Wedding Show tomorrow live-blogging all day! See you there!
Canada’s Bridal Show January 6-8 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Tickets are $15 and can only be purchased at the door.
The Wedluxe Wedding Show January 8 at Ritz Carlton Hotel Toronto
The Wedding Co. Show January 13-15 at The Carlu. Tickets are $20 and save $2.00 when you purchase your ticket online
National Bridal Show January 27-29 at Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place. Tickets are $15 at the door, $12 online, or free for brides-to-be who register online.
The Original Wedding Soiree April 15 at One King West, Toronto.
These are just a few wedding show handpicked by us but there are a lot regional shows which you can check them out at the Perfect wedding guide website for more details.